Manage Diabetes with Herbs
If you''re new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!
Diabetes is a medical condition where either the pancreas doesn’t produce sufficient insulin or the body doesn’t utilize insulin efficiently. Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disorder where the immune system damages the insulin-generating beta cells in the pancreas and destroys them.
As such, the pancreas manufactures little or no insulin. To remedy this, the diabetic must take insulin everyday. In Type 2 diabetes, though the pancreas is generating adequate insulin, the body doesn’t utilize it efficiently.
Eventually, the insulin production diminishes. Hence, the result is the same condition as Type 1 diabetes. Though insulin is the most popular treatment for the disease, did you know that healthy herbs can be used as well? See diabetes mellitus-information
Cinnamon comes from the inner bark of a tropical evergreen tree from Sri Lanka and India. It manifests insulin-like properties which lower blood glucose levels, cholesterol and triglycerides that are significant for Type 2 diabetics. Simply add a half teaspoon of cinnamon into the everyday diet to considerably lower blood glucose levels. Cinnamon is readily available in most food stores in powdered form.
Indian Kino (Pterocarpus marsupium)
Indian Kino is a large tree commonly found in certain parts of India and Sri Lanka. It helps lessen the taking in of glucose from the gastrointestinal tract, regenerates the beta cells and enhances insulin and pro-insulin levels.
Bitter melon (Momordica charantia)
Bitter melon is a tropical vegetable grown in South America, East Africa and Asia. Researches proposed that the Asian Bitter Melon may decrease blood glucose concentration. Charantin and polypeptide-P (insulin-like protein) are two of the compounds in Bitter melon responsible for lowering blood sugar in the body. Drinking 50-60 ml of its juice has provided promising results in clinical studies. Do not take excessive amounts of the vegetable as it may result in diarrhoea and abdominal pain. Bitter melon is not advisable to a person with hypoglycaemia as it will aggravate low blood sugar.
There is an abundance of healthy herbs out there to help you live with diabetes. Always exercise due care and consult your physician before using any herbs for health.
Visit The Healthy Herb Store
- Cushy Lips: Pucker Up! Get all puckered up with Cushy Lips Lip Plumper & Gloss. Be photo shoot ready next time you step in front of a camera with your perfect pouty lips! The thing with these celebrities is they have a whole army of professionals to make them look exquisitely perfect. They’ve got......
- Provillus for Women: Hair Reborn To all the ladies out there, protect the health of your crowning glory with Provillus for Women. It makes perfect sense why some women are addicted to keeping their tresses in picture perfect form - because it enhances their overall look. Once in a while, everyone gets a tad agitated......
- Organic Solutions For Cholesterol Herbs along with other organic products have been in use for a lot longer than the common prescription drug treatments used these days to control high cholesterol. There are numerous organic choices to help remedy high cholesterol. This may perhaps be especially favourable to persons who want to control their......
- Beware of the Silent Killer I wanted to do this as a form of a PSA on ToaLN because I really hope everyone is aware of the dangers of having high blood pressure. I have had high blood pressure for about five years and only took medication during the first year that I was diagnosed.......
- ‘Need and Importance of Diabetes Supplies’ Diabetes supplies are the self-testing machines to control the level of blood sugar in the body by monitoring them. Diabetes supplies include glucose monitors, lancets and test strips. They are spreading their clutches very quickly. Diabetes can affect anyone at any age. It is a lifelong disease. With the......
- BBC News - Dating by blood type in Japan Eating by blood type has been a popular diet for many years but dating by blood type is a different concept. This article highlights the personality styles by blood type at a higher level. I am curious now to conduct my own ''test study'' about the characteristics of the blood......
Tagged with: herbs for diabetes • natural remedies for diabetes
Filed under: Herbs For Health
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!