Instructions on How to cook hamburgers on the stove
Posted by Yummy Girl Under Hamburger Lessons, What can I make with hamburger meat? Tuesday Apr 14, 2009
This is an easy way of preparing and cooking hamburgers on the stove. How to make good hamburgers has been on every chefs mind. If you do not have the luxury of a grill, I will show you how to cook it on a stove. First you will need to prepare the hamburgers in 1/4″ patties and then cook them. Doing so will allow the burgers to cook on the stove in a shorter time.
How long do you grill hamburgers
• I recommend cooking 1 to 2 mins for the first side (then add cheese if you like) and the same for the other side this gets it med well to well done.
• Add an additional min per side if the patties are frozen.
Some tips for making the world’s best hamburger recipe
• For a delicious tasting hamburger that is cooked on the stove or grill, spread a thin layer of a mix of A1 steak sauce and whole grain mustard.
• If you have a screen cover and you are in the kitchen instead of on the bbq outside, then cover your hamburger in case of grease splatters.
Preparing and Cooking Instructions:
What you will need:
• 1 lb. ground organic beef
• 1 large egg
• 2-3 button mushrooms sliced
• 1-2 chopped onions
• 1 chopped garlic clove
• 1/4 cup chopped of dill
• ½ cup chopped parsley
• 1 tsp. red wine vinegars
• 1 tsp. A1 BBQ Sauce
• 1 tsp. Wholegrain Mustard
• Whole wheat/sourdough hamburger buns or bread
• mixing bowls
• heavy frying pans
• paper towels
Toppings If desired:
• tomato Sauce or Ketchup
• beetroot slices, mustard,
• sliced tomatoes,
• lettuce or spinach for extra iron
• red onions (healthier then white onion)
Instructions for preparing the hamburger patties
1. Put chopped onions, garlic and mushrooms, herbs in bowl.
2. Add red wine vinegar and the egg. (the egg makes it all stick together)
3. Add ground beef to bowl.
4. Mix everything together with your clean hands.
5. Flatten the beef into five patties that are 1/4-inch thick and 3 inches in diameter.
Instructions for cooking the hamburger patties on the stove
1. Set stove-top grill or burner to medium-high.
2. Preheat nonstick frying pan. (The pan is the correct temperature when a drop of water dances on its surface rather than sticking to it.) (if you don’t have a non stick pan, use water instead of oil)
3. Place patties in the pan and cook for 1 to 4 minutes depending on how you like them.
4. Flip patties and cook for another minute, and then add sliced cheese to the tops of patties if desired.
5. Cover pan and allow burgers to cook for a final 2 minutes. If you want them well done then just leave it on there another 2 minutes.
6. Remove hamburgers from pan and place on some paper towels to drain the fat/water away a healthier burger
7. Place in the healthy hamburger buns.
8. Add condiments and toppings if you wish such as ketchup, beetroot slices, mustard, sliced tomatoes, lettuce, red onions and pickles.
Benefits of using water instead of oil to cook your hamburgers on the stove
• using water instead of oil makes the burger a bit softer
• keeps it from falling apart when you flip it.
• keeps the grease and mustard from splattering too much
• helps reduce the fat content after cooking